Mom, seeing those pictures of the snow makes you not want to live here in 8 years? Well, listen to this!! Yesterday, after our 2 days of snow over the weekend and lots and lots of rain, west Olympia and many other parts of Washington flooded. Cooper Point Road and Black Lake Blvd flooded so high that 6 cars got trapped underneath the water and weren't able to get out until the water was cleared. It was absolutely mind boggling. We got a call from Brian's sister Nicole at 10 in the morning saying not to leave the house because it was crazy! She was stuck in Walgreen's at this time with the power out. Walgreen's is conveniently located at the corner of Black Lake and Cooper Point Road. I had to go to work at Applebee's, but luckily I made it, I had to go through the back roads and an 8 minute drive took me 30 minutes to get to my work. I was 15 minutes late. After I got home, Brian and I drove down to Walgreen's so we could see for ourselves the mess. It was shocking. It was flooded from Yauger Park to Black Lake (about 3/4 mile). People were on rafts and stuff. It was crazy! Unfortunately we forgot our camera, but here are some pictures from the Olympian so you can see for yourselves! http://www.theolympian.com/ (there's a video on that website, you can also look at, it's amazing!) Luckily, by the end of night they cleared it all away and everything was okay.


3 comments:
Wow, That's a lot of water. We were wondering how you were doing in the flood, try to stay warm and dry.
Dad
We'll have to talk about where we all want to move in 8 years. Maybe by then, you will want to move with us. Love, mom
Might as well pass on the umbrella and bring along the scuba gear. Looks like fun. (yeah I know... it's serious, but it does look fun.)
Post a Comment